I haven’t meant to put off blogging about this, but I’ve been busy being sick, rental shopping (nightmare) and finishing a report for uni.
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
11 facts? Oh dear gods…
– I’ve moved 12 times in eight years.
– My muggle and I were engaged after being together for three weeks, and were living in two different states at the time. 10 days after I had a major operation, the Muggle flew down to Victoria to help me drive my pre-packed car to Sydney and into our first rental home. We had been together for four months at this point.
– At Imbolc (August) we will have been together for six years.
– I was obsessed with Hanson in my youth, and will be seeing them perform the day after I turn 30.
– Holy shit, I’m 30 this year!
– We’re currently feeding up to 9 stray cats, and have named them all. This is not including our spoilt Charlie Cat.
– Since high school I have studied eight different degrees/diplomas: multimedia design, graphic design, psychology, business administration, financial administration, photography, aged care and environmental health studies; across two states and five different educational institutions.
– I have finished three of them, with plans for a fourth.
– I self injured for ten years, and don’t regret a single moment of it. I have been clean for almost six years.
– Before I met my muggle I had only ever owned one car. Since meeting my muggle, I have owned five (not including the cars that were in HIS name…then it’d be nine)
– I am determined to look good for my 30th, which isn’t far away! But I’m blogging allllll about it at Too Fat for a Broomstick!
Since two people nominated me, I’m going to choose questions from both to equal 11.
What is one thing about you that people can’t tell just by looking at you?
People will be surprised at just how heavy I am. I’m a fat girl, but when the muggle and I met I completely surprised him with how much I weigh, and the strength I do have.
Which book has most changed your life and how?
Robert Jordan’s “The Wheel of Time” series. All fourteen glorious books of it! I first became obsessed with this series when I was 15, and it has changed the way I think, the way I approach my faith and my craft, and deep down I’m an Aes Sedai of the Blue Ajah. And I’ve got the Aes Sedai serpent ring to accompany the “delusions”!
Tell me about your tattoos. If you don’t have any, what tattoo(s) would you like to get?
I have three. A pentagram on my back below my neck, which I got when I was 19. I have a silhouette tattoo of Herne the Hunter on my right arm, which I got a few years ago as part of my Dedication ritual to him. And I have a bow and arrow on my left arm in celebration passing my first semester of university with Distinction.
What do you find beautiful?
Scars. Proof that a life has been lived, that inner wars have been fought, and you survived to tell the tale.
How do you channel your creativity?
I blog, I write, I draw. I’ve written one childrens book which was self published. By that I mean I spent half a year doing all of the illustrations, laminated it at work and gave it to my niece for Christmas. It was called “Princess Niecey and the Moon” and it teaches her why the moon changes in the sky each night. I’m writing a story for my youngest niece now for this Christmas, which I think will be about her befriending a fox, or finding a magical tree in the forest. Not sure yet. I began writing a novel about three or four years ago, but as I progressed I lost direction. Then I read a teen novel which was along the same lines, and thought, “Bugger, someone got there before me!” so I’ve shelved it.
Which do you prefer for yourself? Burial, cremation, or donation to medical research?
Cremation. I love the idea of being buried and going back to Mother Earth, but I want the organs that are still working to go to people who need them, then burn my body to ash, and delivered to MY spiritual home of Anglesea Beach in Victoria. I want my ashes to forever dance upon the waves I love so much.
What song did you last listen to?
The radio is currently on, and I’m not sure what song it is or who sings it.
What’s your favourite artform, and why?
Watercolour, or even watered down acrylics. I love how colours blend so easily with a swish of the brush. I also love filling water brushes with ink and creating ink illustrations with them.
Pencil or pen?
Pencil to draw, pen to write.
You get a free trip to spend a week anywhere in the world. Where do you go? What do you do?
Beneden-Leeuwin, Netherlands. I want to visit my Oma and Opa, and see if the concentration camp that my Pop was kept in Arnheim has any information on his time there.
Do you have a favourite language? Whether or not you speak it.
Welsh. I’d LOVE to learn how to speak it!
Most of the people I follow religiously have been nominated (but if you’d like to be nominated again, just let me know!), so I nominate…
What’s the last thing you took a picture of?
As a kid were you ever frighted of a monster under the bed or in the cupboard?
If you could steal one thing without consequence what would it be?
If evil-doers invaded your country would you rush to the battlelines to defend the motherland or hide in a box?
Would you ever want to learn to fly?
Do you often read your horoscope?
Would you rather lose your sight or your hearing?
What is the longest day drive you’ve ever been on?
Where is the one place you’d love to visit but haven’t been able to yet?
Have you ever danced in the rain?
Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous?